9/09/2011

Monotony Unbroken

Cheers to the most boring college week that I have faced in my entire life. It's lifeless, flat and monotonous. It felt so blah. I can't even explain how crappy it is. Failure? Waste of time? I don't know. This is just my opinion. People have no right to jump on me for saying so. I was so bored that I didn't even find the energy to take loads of pictures. 


The day started with the CRS mass at the Santissimo Rosario Church. Almost all of the expected people came. Kudos to the third year students for putting up an appearance. I bet we made the faculty proud! ;) After the mass, Vanessa and I went to our TSOT group to fix our clay diorama. This proved to me that I really had low frustration tolerance. The clay figures kept on falling off, but we finished it anyway.


How does it look? We made Ergonomics for call centers. Be the judge.
We rushed to finish the diorama so that we could beat the deadline. We went to Plaza Mayor after, because that's where the CRS exhibits are being located. Goodness gracious. People were bitching all around the place! I know we were all busy because of the puppet show, but it is not a good excuse to act like an idiot. There was one person who got in my nerves that day. I wanna kick his ass until his fart comes out of his mouth, actually. I know I'm sounding mean, but he was being such a bitch the whole time! Screw you, man. If ever you are reading this. The bitchy behaviors ruined my whole mood. The heat didn't even help. It made things worse. 


Here are a few photos that I took of the exhibit.


A quick shot of me and Vanessa while watching the puppet show. Our faces are so huuuuuuge. It looks awkward. 
We found this booth of yummy cupcakes! I want all of them. I'm a sucker for sweets.
After looking around, we had lunch at The Chicken Story. Good food sequel! I had Chicken Ala Kiev and Vanessa ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu. Here's a photo of my meal. I loved every bit of it! Apparently, it's chicken fillet stuffed with cheese and hotdog. Yummy!
After lunch, Vanessa and I went back to Plaza Mayor for the ribbon cutting. We ended up boring ourselves to death. The monotony was too much, that we left the place immediately. I accompanied Vanessa to the Basin Nail Bar at Dapitan Street, because she wanted to get manicure, pedicure and foot spa. I actually lied to her that day. We were planning to get those services together. I left my slippers at home on purpose because I didn't want to get mani-pedi from that place. I dunno. I base services on the exterior of the building they are located in. I don't like messy people touching my hands and feet. Hahaha! But, I was wrong. I underestimated the place. The nail bar was actually cozy, clean and hmm, safe. Maybe I'll try their services next time! While Vanessa was getting her nails done, I was going through Facebook and Twitter the whole time! 


Here's Vanessa looking so happy while getting pampered.
After the mani-pedi, we went to the Medicine Auditorium for the annual Reyes and Reyes lecture. It was my first time to attend that activity. I must say that I'm glad that I attended this time! The guest speakers were the Reyes's themselves, Dr. Tyrone Reyes and Dr. Ofelia Reyes. They are the founders of our college, College of Rehabilitation Sciences. We owe it all to them! I think it's my first time to have such an inspiring talk from equally inspiring people, and for that I am very grateful. Had they been our professors, they would have been stellar. 


"Heal bodies, mend minds and transform lives." - Dr. Tyrone Perez


So much for the boring college week. If the Reyes and Reyes lecture did not exist, the whole CRS week would have been crap by the get go. No offense. No flamers please.


Avec amour,
Cassie Blanche

No comments:

Post a Comment