9/06/2011

Then and now.

This is after all, my personal blog, so I guess I need to say stuff about myself. This particular post would be about certain facts about me, things about my childhood, my friends and every random shenanigan about me.  I'm expecting some people to raise their eyebrows and be all like, "Who cares about facts about you?"..but guess what? That's perfectly fine with me! I'm not here to please people. I BLOG TO EXPRESS, NOT TO IMPRESS. 


I love to reminisce about my good kind of past, and I wanna share it to all of you. I'll take you down to my memory lane.

Let's get to business shall we?

I'm MARY CASSIE BLANCHE A. GONZALES. My name is long, and I'm proud of it! I used to despise my mom and dad way back in kindergarten for giving me such a lengthy name, because I was busy to write all of them. But then, I'm now thankful that they gave me a wonderful and non-generic name. I'm definitely not the stereotype. 

I was born September 12, 1992 at University of Santo Tomas Manila hospital, which is currently where I'm studying. I think I'm destined to be a Thomasian. 

I have a sister, named MARIA CAMILLE BIANCA A. GONZALES. She's three years older than I am, and she was born on September 13, 1989. People actually find it cool that her birthday is the day after mine. My sister and I practically know each other very well. We're quite close, and we often fight too. We often bully each other, but I really do love her! I hope she doesn't read this post because she might puke!
I used to have that "apple cut" hair when I was little. I totally looked like a boy. Some would even say I look like Billy Crawford when he was little too. Be the judge.
Back then, I wanted to be a celebrity. I used to envy those kids on Ang TV. Serena Dalrymple used to be my idol. My only idol. I'm not kidding. Shy and introvert weren't part of my vocabulary then. Every time there's a microphone, I'll hold it. When there's a photo opp, I'll grab it! When there's a music, I dance to it!
Just in case you guys don't know who Serena Dalrymple is, this is her. I don't take flames kindly. She's my idol before. Respect, please!

I spent most of my life in an all-girls school, at the heart of Rockwell, Makati City. It's one of those schools that has the best uniforms. Yes. I am a RoseƱan, from Colegio de Santa Rosa Makati. Please take note that it's in Makati, very much different from the Manila branch. No offense meant. Here's my cringe worthy photos from CSR. I hate to show them here since I looked like a total train wreck before, but hey..I want you guys to know me better!
A blast from my nene past seems a little bit crazy, but my years at CSR will be those moments that I'll forever be proud of. I got the best education from that school, from the best teachers as well! When I was at CSR, I became a model student, literally. I had this billboard outside the school. Sadly, I don't have a photo of it. :(

I stayed in CSR until my sophomore year in high school. The summer before third year, I had to move. My heart was broken, and I was afraid to leave my friends and the school that has been my home for twelve years. Since I live in the Manila district, my parents enrolled me to a school in the same city. For my third and fourth year, I went to this school along Mendiola (yes, where those crazy rallies always happen), La Consolacion College Manila. At first, I was in culture shock since it wasn't an all girls school, it's very very co-ed, it's in an open area, not as exclusive as Rockwell, and we had to wear long sleeves and jumpers for uniforms. But as time went by, I made lots of friends! We still see each other every so often for lunch and all.
It was at that school where I met my so-called "first true love". We met in Senior year, and boy, those the types of days when I thought that it would be the best time of my life. But we broke up eventually. We're over, so I guess I'll not talk about it. I just had to mention that mini fact!


I started my college education at University of Santo Tomas, during the year 2009. I'm currently in my Junior year, taking up BS Occupational Therapy. It has always been my dream to be a doctor, but this pre-medical course of mine made me realize that I don't have what it takes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pessimistic. I'm just being as realistic as I can! My subjects right now are killing me, what more in med school? Anyway, at college, I met lots of friends too. I think I'll never survive college without them.
I'm currently waiting for that positive life-changing thing to happen. I have been through a lot of major set backs before, but I'm still up showing the world that I can always rise to the challenge. Always remember: "For every set back, God has a major comeback."


I have suffered a heartbreak that I thought I'll never get over with. I loss sleep and at some point, respect for myself. But hey! As I said, it's all over now. I'll just take it as a lesson, and take it along my journey on moving forward. One day, I'll make it big, meet someone better and live my happily ever after! Okay, that was so random.


I'm currently 18 years old, turning 19 in six days. At this point in my life, I still believe in Prince Charming and one day, I expect to meet him. I'm still a kid at heart, though I'm not childish. I love being happy-go-lucky, I am an optimist. I still love chewing on gummy worms and I still watch Spongebob Squarepants. It's been three years, but I still haven't gotten over the fact that Hey Arnold! ended without displaying a closure between Arnold and Helga Pataki. I have an appetite that makes me one of the boys. I believe in live, love, lafang. I don't care about my weight or my figure. Some people hate me, but I don't know why. I tend not to care because those who hate me are those people who do not have a place in my life. I like to that believe I'm a good person, but I can be a mean bean if needed. I like to sleep, I love to sleep. I have the ability to sleep for 24 hours, and no one in my family even bothers to wake me up. I have a fear of heights, but I like to ride on those scary theme park rides. I've been in love with Daniel Radcliffe for as long as I can remember, but then I found out that he has a girl friend named, Rosanne Cocker. I made a mental note to kill her. Haha! I believe in magic, I believe in Hogwarts. If it weren't true, I'll save money and build my own Hogwarts.


This particular blog post has been a roller coaster ride, so I guess I'll end it with: "Carpe diem, because la vita e bella." A quote that I'll forever believe in. Life is beautiful, life is what you make it. Learn to love life and life will love you back.


Avec amour,
Cassie Blanche

No comments:

Post a Comment